OPEN TO ALL
DEADLINE: MAY 7, 2013
The Franklin & Marshall Product Design Competition aims to develop a new product or accessory that introduces the distinctive, college style of the brand F&M to the “geek” world.
Participants are initially invited to design accessories or cases for hi-tech devices or in alternative to present a fashion reinterpretation of hi-tech products, taking into account the following guidelines:
- Design an accessory for tech devices (for example a mobile cover, a case for laptop, tablet and smartphone, etc.) using sweatshirt fabric, iconic material of F&M, and the graphics, fonts and logos that characterize the brand
- In alternative reinterpret a hi-tech product (for example headphones, speaker, digital watch, etc.) including the sweatshirt fabric and expressing F&M style
- Projects assessment criteria: innovation, originality, feasibility, consistency with brief and brand
This product design competition is free of charge and is opened to designers and creative talents of any nationality and age. Participants can choose to present one or more projects, but only projects published on the web site www.desall.com via the upload page devoted to the â€œFranklin&Marshall goes Geekâ€ will be accepted.
Proto Labs Cool Idea! Prototype Contest
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE USA AND THE EUROPEAN UNION
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31, 2013
You need to have an original idea for a prototype that can be manufactured at Proto Labs, aÂ “rapid” injection molding company. Â It should be in the form of a 3D CAD model, should be your original idea, and should not have been previously published or have won any other award.
Most companies provide innovators help once they are already created. Â This ideas contest is unique as it has been put together in order to help those who have ideas but have not got the funding to get the basic prototype of their idea built.
PRIZES: Â UP TO $250,000 IN TOTAL ALLOCATED AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF PROTO LABS
Design a New Toy or Plastic Product
K’Nex Toys has set up a sister manufacturing unit in the United States that makes its unique toy system. Â The Rodon Group in Hatfield, PA manufactures billions of parts each year in its large facility.
They prove that manufacturing in America can be more cost-effective than manufacturing overseas. Â If you have a product design that is to be made from plastic, especially in the toy industry, contact this companyÂ to produce plastic parts stateside
PRIZE: YOUR OWN BUSINESS
Ponoko – Design It Yourself Business Opportunity
OPEN TO ALL
Ponoko’s ground-breaking product design and manufacturing system is available to one and all. Â Design a 2-D or 3-D product, and their software will create it usingÂ laser cutters and 3-D printers. Â There is an impressive array of online tutorials which teach you how to use the latest design software, and once your creation has become a reality, they even have an on-site shop where your customers can purchase your product
PRIZE: YOUR OWN BUSINESS?
- industrial design competitions
- industrial design competitions 2013
- industrial design contest
- industrial design contest 2013
- product design competition